Jadon Sancho is three goals short of Kevin Keegan’s 17 – the record for an English player in a Bundesliga season
England teenager Jadon Sancho scored in a seventh consecutive home Bundesliga appearance as Borussia Dortmund beat Freiburg.
Only Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – now at Arsenal – has ever had a longer run for the club, with 11 home goals in a row.
Sancho tapped home Thorgan Hazard’s cross from six yards out for the game’s only goal.
The 19-year-old winger has now scored 14 goals and assisted another 14 in the league this season.
Dortmund remain third, four points behind leaders Bayern Munich.
In-form Erling Braut Haaland came on in the 63rd minute and failed to score in a home league match for the first time since September 2018 when his Molde side lost to Rosenborg in Norway’s top flight.
- Match Stats
- Live Text
- 15HummelsSubstituted forAkanjiat 45'minutes
- 27CanBooked at 68mins
- 19BrandtSubstituted forHaalandat 63'minutes
- 23T HazardSubstituted forReynaat 81'minutes
- 23HeintzSubstituted forSchlotterbeckat 86'minutes
- 19HabererSubstituted forKeitelat 45'minutes
- 22SallaiSubstituted forHölerat 70'minutes
Home TeamB DortmundAway TeamFreiburgPossessionHome65%Away35%ShotsHome16Away13Shots on TargetHome2Away4CornersHome6Away4FoulsHome5Away9
Match ends, Borussia Dortmund 1, Sport-Club Freiburg 0.